Spanish Paella With Saffron Recipe
SPANISH PAELLA FEAT. SAFFRON
Paella is a staple dish for Saffron users and our ethically sourced Saffron is the perfect ingredient to this Spanish delicacy
- 1/4 teaspoon Homegrown Distributors Organic Saffron Threads 0.5 g
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- 3/4 pound chorizo, removed from casing
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 1/3 pound Sauage
- 6 cups chicken, seafood or vegetable broth
- 2 cups paella rice
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 pound clams
- Flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Crush Homegrown Saffron between fingers and place in a bath of warm water (3 tablespoons) to let the flavor and aroma steep. The water will turn bright yellow within 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are halfway softened, about 2 minutes. Add preferred meat until cooked, then remove vegetable-sausage mixture from heat and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add rice, and let the oil heat it until the rice starts to show clear.
- Add broth, thyme, salt, pepper, Rumi Spice Paella Spice Blend and saffron-water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, peas, and the vegetable-sausage mix. Place mussels on top of the rice in an even layer. Cover and continue cooking until the mussels have opened and the rice is tender, about 5 minutes more. Remove from the heat and let rest, covered, until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges and fresh parsley.